Sunday, April 6, 2014

Baby R's Quilt

Yesterday our good friends had a new baby! Sweet little girl who arrived perfect and healthy, although a little later than her mom wanted.  I decided to make this quilt for them, when they found out they were having a girl.  I took a hexagon pack and laid it out on the fabric into a pattern I liked.  I probably only used 1/2 the pack.  I *think* that fabric line was called "Chance For Rain" or something like that.  It's super cute.  


Another reason I love this quilt so much?  This is the very first quilt that I totally did everything one.  I 'designed' the pattern, put it together, quilted, and bound it.  This is the FIRST quilt I quilted myself (that wasn't straight-lined).

That's right!  I free-motion quilted this quilt and I'm pretty dang proud of it!


And I'm so happy for our friends and their sweet little girl.  We met her today, and she's beautiful, with lots of dark hair. And she looks like her siblings :)


No comments:

Post a Comment