Friday, March 6, 2015

Finish Goal for March

I have done awesome with finishing my UFO's this year.  So far I've finished my Sunday Bag, my Mystery Quilt from 2013, and two quilt tops.  It's been awesome!  And I've got two quilts off to my 'quilter'--also known as one of my sisters.

But I am becoming quite more proficient at free-motion quilting on my machine, so I anticipate doing my own quilting much more often.

Anyway, while perusing blogs recently I came across a link-up for finishing projects!  Since my goal this year is to finish as many UFO's as possible, this is fantastic!  And prizes?  Even better :)

This is my goal for March: Finish this quilt.  It's my Mystery Quilt from 2014, and since June is when a local Quilt Show is and I'll have another Mystery Quilt to make!


The block is your basic granny square using 2.5 inch squares.  But I've been thinking about layouts, and trying to make them a bit more unique. I wasn't really digging the straight lines, but I have absolutely no extra fabric to play around with.  I used my stash to make this quilt, and I don't even have a scrap left that matches.

So I decided to try it on point and I like how it turned out!


With this way I even ended up with 2 extra blocks so I'm thinking of putting them on the back of the quilt.

Anyway, this is what I intend to finish in March!  Linking it up to A Lovely Year Of Finishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment