Thursday, July 30, 2015

A Lovely Year Of Finishes--July Finish

I finished it!  Well, at least I think it's finished.  I may or may not add another border or two.  I have fabric for a wide border.  But I'm not sure I have enough fabric for a smaller border out of the background (which is what the pattern calls for).

Pattern Name: Easy Eights by Quilts Etc


Honestly?  I didn't think I would get it finished!  It was getting tedious.  But I like how it turned out.  I think this might go on our bed for a while.  Well, as soon as I get around to getting it quilted!


This was a nice square in a square block, then stack and wack (Well, I didn't do it that way, because I need a new rotary blade) and rotate the block so the arrangement is different.


And this picture here?  You can see how I was distracted while cutting by some children and measured wrong and have a really funky looking eight.  Can't quite come back from that mistake.  But it's not really noticeable, so I'm not too concerned.

 A Lovely Year of Finishes

And now?  I have some chemo caps to make for my LQS to donate, and to finish up my Riley Blake Fabric Challenge.  Which needs to be finished by TOMORROW.  And cut and sew two blocks for my Block Of The Month that is this Saturday. Oh yeah, and hem curtains for my friend! My machine might need a small rest after this.  But it probably won't get it.

2 comments:

  1. I like your colors and pattern used for this quilt! I b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to say I better go check out the pattern!

      Delete